Dr. David L. Burns has been in practice since graduating from Indiana University School of Dentistry with is DDS degree in 1975. Dr. Burns has a serious interest in not only what may be considered standard dental practices, but also in Physiologic Dentistry and TMJ Therapy. This area of expertise has taken him to Canada, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Switzerland and around the United States to lecture on this topic.
In an effort to maintain the standards he has set for himself and to continue his learning, he is a member of the following professional organizations.
- Indiana Dental Association
- Isaac Knapp Dental Society
- The Cranio-Facial Pain Center Association
- The American Academy of Physiologic Dentistry
- The American Academy of Functional Prosthodontics
- The American Academy of Head, Neck, Facial Pain and TMJ Orthopedics
- The American Academy of Pain Management
- The International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics (ICCMO)